Information We Collect
DataDrive collects personal data in the course of its business activities, including in connection with some client services. We also collect personal data on certain areas of the Sites when you register for or apply for jobs through the DataDrive Recruitment Page, create a user profile, and sign up for events. The personal data collected varies and may include information that you provide, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, and background information required to apply for a job.
We may also automatically collect information about the devices you use to interact with our Sites. The information we automatically collect may include IP address, device identifier, web browser, and browsing information collected through cookies, web beacons, pixels, clear gifs, and other similar technologies (collectively “Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies”) on our Sites. We may also automatically collect information about how you use the Sites, such as what you have searched for and viewed on the Sites. The information automatically collected may be associated with a unique identifier as well as with any other personal data you have provided.
DataDrive may also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as data brokers or aggregators, in the course of its business activities including in connection with some client services. This includes demographic, professional and other information that is publicly available online, including information you choose to make public through social media platforms and other public online forums. We may combine this data with existing information we have about you or use it independently, for the purposes of our benchmarking and data analytics activities (e.g. analysis of recruiting practices across an industry. We will always seek to confirm that the third party has provided transparent information about its use of this data, including its disclosure to third parties like DataDrive, in compliance with applicable law.
Use of Information
Our Sites do not track you by collecting personal data about your online activities over time and across third party websites or online services.
The legal basis by which we process your personal data
- Our processing of your personal data for the purposes mentioned above is based, in part, on our legitimate interests in promoting and protecting DataDrive, building and maintaining relationships, recruitment, and providing our services;
- In part, on your consent, for example if you create a user profile, or register for our communications, or for business purposes that support web operations such as understanding and enhancing the quality of your experience on our web-sites;
- In part, to comply with the law, when certain information is necessary to satisfy our legal or regulatory obligations.
Disclosure of Personal Data: Data Recipients
We also may share your personal data with third party service providers who perform services and functions on our behalf to support our interactions with you, including, for example, processing recruitment materials, administering surveys or contests, or communicating with you.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- If we are required to do so by law or legal process;
- To law enforcement authorities or other government officials;
- When we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- If disclosure is necessary to protect the vital interests of a person;
- To protect our property, services and legal rights;
- To prevent fraud against DataDrive, our subsidiaries, affiliates and/or business partners;
- To support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions; or
- To comply with any and all applicable laws.
Link to Third Party Sites
DataDrive has implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security to protect personal data from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Only authorized DataDrive personnel and third party service providers are provided access to personal data, and these employees and service providers are required to treat this information as confidential. Despite these precautions however, DataDrive cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will not obtain access to your personal data.
The Sites are not designed for or directed at children 16 years of age or younger, and DataDrive does not intentionally collect or maintain personal data about anyone under this age.
Where granted by applicable law, you may have the right to request access to the personal data that we have collected about you for the purposes of reviewing, modifying, or requesting deletion of the data. You may also have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we have collected about you and to have any inaccuracies in that data corrected. In certain circumstances, you may also request that we cease processing your personal data.
If you would like to make a request to access, review, or correct the personal data we have collected about you, or to discuss how we process your personal data, please contact us. To help protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as requiring a password and user ID, before granting access to your personal data. We will make reasonable attempts to promptly investigate, comply with, or otherwise respond to your requests as may be required by applicable law. Different laws may prevent us from providing access to your personal data or otherwise fully complying with your request depending upon the circumstances and the request, such as for example, where producing your information may reveal the identity of someone else. We reserve the right to charge an appropriate fee for complying with your request where allowed by applicable law, and/or deny your requests where they may be manifestly unfounded, and/or excessive, or otherwise objectionable or unwarranted under applicable law.
In addition, and where granted by local law, you have the legal right to lodge a complaint with a competent data protection authority.
Your California Privacy Rights
In addition, under California law, you may have the right (up to two times in any 12-month period) to request more information about DataDrive’s collection, use, disclosure, and sale of personal data about you including:
- The categories of personal data about you that we have collected in the preceding 12 months and the categories of sources of that information,
- The categories of sources from which we have collected that information in the preceding 12 months,
- The commercial or business reason(s) we have collected, used, disclosed, or sold that information, and
- The categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed or sold that information in the preceding 12 months.
- In addition, upon receipt of a verifiable request from you establishing your identity, you may have the right to know about the specific pieces of personal data that we have collected about you and/or shared with third parties in the preceding 12 months.
You may also have the right to request deletion of personal data about you that we have collected or maintain, which we will honor subject to certain limitations set forth in California law.
If you are a California consumer and you or your authorized agent would like to exercise your privacy rights, please contact us at datasubjectrights@DataDrive.com, or call us at +1-888-914-9661 using the six-digit PIN code: 736 415. When we process your request, we require you to provide certain personal data about you in order to verify your identity in accordance with requirements under CCPA. This may include your first and last name, email address, physical address, telephone number, and information about your relationship with us or other information needed to verify your identity. DataDrive will not discriminate against you based on your exercise of any of these rights.